- MC Trustees (Malta) Limited is registered as an administrator for retirement schemes with the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) and produces annual accounts which are audited by Griffiths and Associates and lodged with the MFSA
- MC Trustees (Malta) Limited is registered with the MFSA as a company registration number C48412
- The MCT Malta Private Retirement Scheme (RS/01), the MCT Malet International Retirement Scheme (RS/026) and the Infinity International Pension Plan (RS/055) are registered as Retirement Schemes by the MFSA and audited by Griffiths and Associates
- The MCT Retirement Schemes are registered by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA)
- The MCT Malta Private Retirement Scheme (503166) and the MCT Malet International Retirement Scheme (505031) are recognised by UK HMRC as Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes (QROPS)
- Our local Malta staff are experienced Financial Services professionals who provide accurate and timely service
- All we do is provide pensions so we are concentrated and expert in that area
- We only permit investments in the retirement scheme that are within the parameters laid down by the MFSA
- If a discretionary Fund Manager is used, it will be based in a regulated jurisdiction (preferably EU) and we will inform the MFSA
- When moving funds to a Retirement Scheme, away from other arrangements, clients should be aware that risks and expenses are involved
- When drawing income or cash benefits from a retirement scheme, clients should be aware that this will reduce the capital available for future payment of income. Excessive drawing of income in times of poor investment performance can lead to the erosion of capital and reduction in the future income from the retirement scheme.
- There are charges for leaving the schemes
Some common questions
What considerations should I take into account when considering a jurisdiction for my pension?
- It should also have strong investor principles such as the UK
- The jurisdiction should offer significant improvement in investment and benefit options available
- You should ensure that it is a tax-efficient and secure jurisdiction
How do I know this isn't a scam?
A list of QROPS is published by the UK HMRC on their website; our retirement scheme is on there under the Malta list of entries. You can see how short the list is compared to other countries which reflect the difficulty of meeting the Malta requirements. Also you can check us out on the Malta register of companies and the MFSA website. If you require assistance in locating us please contact us.
What is your QROPS Number?
The current list of eligible QROPS schemes can be found on the HMRC website. MC Trustees’ HMRC QROPS acceptance number for the MCT Malta Private Retirement Scheme is 503166. For the MCT Malet International Retirement Scheme it is 505031.