The QROPS schemes are set up under Master Trusts. When an individual completes an application form he or she applies to adhere to the Master Trust Deed and Rules of which MC Trustees (Malta) Limited is the Trustee and Scheme Administrator.
Our role is to ensure that the pensions are administered in accordance with the provisions of the Trust Deed and Rules and the requirements of the Malta Financial Services Authority.
MC Trustees (Malta) Limited is regulated and authorised by the MFSA under the Malta Retirement Pensions Act (2011) to administer the MCT Malta Private Retirement Scheme, the MCT Malet International Retirement Scheme and the Infinity International Pension Plan in Malta.
This website is intended to provide you with the key points of the Retirement Schemes from MC Trustees (Malta) Limited. It is not exhaustive and should not be relied upon for detailed advice or as a legal opinion or statement of law. It is based on our understanding and interpretation of current legislation, taxation and practice. Whilst we have made every effort to ensure its accuracy, we will not accept responsibility or liability for any inaccuracy or error contained herein and suggest you take whatever advice you deem to be appropriate before applying for a Retirement Scheme.
Company and Scheme information
- MC Trustees (Malta) Limited is registered as an administrator for retirement schemes with the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) and produces annual accounts which are audited by Griffiths and Associates and lodged with the MFSA
- MC Trustees (Malta) Limited is registered with the MFSA as a company registration number C48412
- The MCT Malta Private Retirement Scheme, the MCT Malet International Retirement Scheme and the Infinity International Pension Plan are licensed and regulated as Personal Retirement Schemes by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSAOpens in a new window) and audited by Griffiths and Associates
- The MCT Malta Private Retirement Scheme (QROPS number 503166), the MCT Malet International Retirement Scheme (QROPS number 505031) and the Infinity International Pension Plan (QROPS number 910063) are recognised by UK HMRC as Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes (QROPS)
- Notwithstanding the registration of the schemes with the MFSA, this does not amount to an endorsement by the MFSA of the schemes' financial performance. Unless otherwise proscribed under the Retirement Pensions Act 2011 there exists no statutory provision for compensation in the case where a Scheme is unable to satisfy the liabilities attributable to it